[fvc-wat-disc] Basic Canvassing Script

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 18 21:06:12 EDT 2007

--- Graham E <synesthesia507 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've run into some questions about the stability of Minority
> Governments (er, Coalition...), and about how productive they are,
> and was wondering if there were any stats or reports I could
> proffer to inquiring parties?

I have heard some stat along the lines of "there have been 17
elections in Germany since WWII, and there have been 17 federal
elections in Canada over the same period." I don't know if those
numbers are right. You or somebody else will need to verify them.

In New Zealand all but one government under MMP has lasted the full
three-year term (and that last government called an early election).

In terms of productivity you might look at this press release from
one of NZ's smaller parties:

http://www.progressive.org.nz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1484

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

--
Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm