[fvc-wat-disc] Information night on Sept. 18th -- please respond ASAP

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 20 10:05:33 EDT 2007

I agree that Angela should not resign.

I agree that we should have some kind of failsafe mechanism. If we
could get buddies out to events that would be great, but I am
skeptical that we can given how much we are stretching to get basic
coverage at events.

The real issue here is not that Angela missed the information night.
The real issue is that Angela (and a handful of other volunteers)
have been overcommitting themselves WAY TOO MUCH, because so few
people are stepping up to the plate to get stuff organized.

Don't believe me? Look at who is running around trying to get us
present at all-candidates meetings. Look at who is doing the grunt
advertising work for this rally. Look at how many volunteers we have
for cleanup and takedown at our events. Do you think these things
happen by themselves?

I will be present at the Sept 25 and Oct 2 meetings. If Angela wants
to do them she can show up and I will defer to her. Otherwise I will
be prepared to do them.

I feel guilty because I do not own a phone, or else Angela could have
called me and I could have tried to get to the meeting. (I had
another meeting to attend that ended at 7pm.) I think that if one
person could be our "emergency contact" then that would be best.

Otherwise there is a short phone list on the wiki in the "Protected"
section (e-mail me personally if you need the password). Given that
few people find the wiki worthwhile maybe this is not much help.

- Paul

P.S. I screwed up when sending the e-mail about Maxine's phone
number. I intended to send it to Kevin's e-mail only. Sorry for
cluttering the list even more.

--
Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm