[fvc-wat-disc] Minutes from Sept. 22

Brian Tanguay btanguay at wlu.ca
Sun Sep 23 13:45:50 EDT 2007

I have 6 boxes of the booklets in my carport. And I'll be picking up the
75 from Catherine Fife's riding HQ this afternoon. I would love to be
able to get these out to anybody who wants them.

Brian

--- Kevin Smith <kevedsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> 4. Literature inventory and requirements
>    a) brochures - 2000 of blue brochures on order; people's
> surpluses
> will be shifted where needed; OCA white brochures are pretty much
> gone.
>    b) display boards - Josh needs the one Donna has back for the
> concourse next week

How are we doing with the black booklets? Did we pick up the 75 from
Scott? Last I heard we had about 5 boxes between us, and they are
proving rather popular.

> 6. Canvassing and Literature drop
>    - going well
>    - areas of Kitchener are getting covered (such as Forest
> Heights)
>    - Josh's team is concentrating on Kitchener-Waterloo area
>       - this Sunday, they're going to Laurelwood
>    - Bob is working on Elmira
>    - Adam is working on New Hamburg

Who is maintaining the maps? Does Josh have them now?

>    - Laurier - debate October 3; display in concourse next week
What time is this? Who are the debaters? Where is it?

>    - UW - one more debate September 26; otherwise campaign not
> really happening

There are a couple of possibilities but not many -- Sept 29 there is
a Pow Wow we might be able to do. I might still be able to request
SLC bookings, but getting people to staff such a booth has been like
pulling teeth.

Could whoever is at the Market tomorrow bring the display board back
with them? I may want one for St. John's Kitchen next week (and I
have one already, so having the third one in circulation would be
helpful).

> 8. All-candidates' meetings
>    - Actually invited to SPC co-sponsored meetings this Monday and
> Tuesday
>    - Guerrilla distribution working at other meetings :)

Did we get people to cover the remaining meetings? Here is what I do
not see covered at this point:

- Kitchener Centre, Tuesday Sept 25, Chicopee Community Centre, 7pm
- Kitchener Centre, Wed Sept 26, KPL, 7pm
- Kitchener Centre(?), Wed Sept 26, 100 Fergus Drive, 6:30pm
- Kitchener Centre, Mon Oct 1, Kitchener Gospel Centre, 7:00pm
- Kitchener Conestoga, Tues Oct 2, St. Agatha Community Centre,
7:00pm
- Cambridge, Wed Oct 3, Preston Memorial Auditorium, 7:00pm

I assume the WLU stuff is being handled by the Laurier whizkids.

Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm
(Please use this Yahoo! account for future correspondence.)

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go
to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com