[fvc-wat-disc] Riding Captains

Angela Yenssen ayenssen at rogers.com
Thu Sep 27 22:12:17 EDT 2007

I have discussed this issue of riding captains with the provincial office a
few times, noting that we are running a region wide campaign and need
contact people listed for the region.  I thought I had this whole issue
settled since they have been referring any offers to volunteer in the area
directly to me.  However, the fact that they did not even bother to list our
region on the website indicates that evidently they are going to insist that
we conform to their organizational structure in order to be advertised.  I
think we will continue to operate as we have up to this point but need to
name riding captains for the sake of exposure.  Accordingly, I propose the
following riding captain list:

Kitchener-Waterloo
Brian Tanguay

Kitchener Centre
Kevin Smith

Cambridge
Donna Reid

Kitchener-Conestoga
Angela Yenssen

This structure allows all of our local leaders to be advertised on the
website.  The website is listing e-mail addresses for the riding captains.
Do any of the people in this list have objections to the VOTE for MMP site
listing you as a riding captain for these areas with your e-mail address?
Does anyone besides these people have a burning desire to be the front name
for one of these ridings?  The one role you might end up having is that you
will get referrals for volunteers in that area.  You can deal with the
referrals yourselves or continue to send them to me, whatever tickles your
fancy.  Once I have confirmation on the identities of the riding captains, I
will instruct the provincial office to post the information.

Angela