[fvc-wat-disc] [Bulk] Re: Essays on Voting Systems

Les Kadar leskadar at rogers.com
Fri Jun 3 20:51:18 EDT 2011

Lost referendums are usually due to poorly worded questions put to the
public on purpose. To encourage a no vote.

It is natural that politicians will vote against anything that brings their
future into question.
For this reason it is best to approach those that have not won but instead
lost by a small margin and want to run again to join the fold.
The court of public opinion has to be swayed but can only be asked to
support something that has not been demonized by those in office and then
with a clear simple question not worded in favour of the status quo.
So the multiprong approach of course as you say is the only way.
The media has to buy in, be included in all discussions and explanations and
then be made to think that it is their idea.
The runnerup policticians need to be invited in to be part of the solution
so for their next attempt, they are on side and will support the effort.
The existing policitians that will take the time to see the light so to
speak also need to be party to this.
Long road.
lk