[fvc-wat-disc] is there an event this month ?

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Sat Jun 11 18:42:05 EDT 2011

Hi Eleanor. I'm just in Ottawa right now at the Fair Vote AGM!

We had a second KW volunteer meeting last week. Now that I've spoken to someone
else who is interested today who is from KW maybe we could have a third one
soon - I wasn't planning to before end of August, to plan for Democracy Day in
September, but I hate to lose the interest, ideas and momentum of the people
who have just come on board!

Usually we don't do events over the summmer - just lots of festivals - but if
you have ideas I would be most happy to assist you to organize one, even just a
"democracy cafe" where people can just talk, as you have suggested before.
Jennifer Ross from CAPP would probably be interested in coordinating this with
you, too.

Please do come to the Fair Vote Waterloo AGM on June 23. Bob is going to send
out details soon about the place. If enough of us show up we can use part of
that for a planning meeting!

Anita

Quoting Eleanor Grant <eleanor7000 at gmail.com>:

> Hi Fair Voters -
>
> Is there a public event in June?
>
> Is there a volunteers' mtg before then?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eleanor

Anita
Want to have a real say in democracy? Want to see a more democratic,
compassionate Canada? Help me make every vote count! www.fairvote.ca