[fvc-wat-disc] Questions

Anita lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Sat Oct 27 15:33:23 EDT 2012

I have two questions I'm wondering if anyone can answer.

Is there a researched connection between income inequality and voting systems?  The Lipjhart study made a weak connection suggesting less inequality in PR countries, but that was before much of Europe collapsed in the recession. If their level of income inequality is worse now, that would defeat the case.

Is there a researched connection between trade deals and voting systems? I read a very alarming book by David Orchard called the Fight for Canada about the free trade agreement. I'm always hearing how Canada gives away control of this and that (pretty much sells the country to whomever) whereas other countries take steps to protect their industries and resources when it benefits their country to do so. I wonder if there is any connection between these types of decisions and voting systems.

Anita