[fvc-wat-disc] Questions

Matt Foster world at golden.net
Sat Oct 27 16:27:10 EDT 2012

video - http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html
  info on book the spirit level  -
http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/resource/the-spirit-level
author
kate.pickett at york.ac.uk <mailto:kate.pickett at york.ac.uk>
phone 01904 32(1377)
notes from Wikipedia etc.
*Recent News*: Shortlisted with her co-author, Wilkinson RG, for
"Research Project of the Year" in the Times Higher Education Awards 2009
for her research and publication: The Spirit Level: Why More Equal
Societies Almost Always Do Better.
He is best known for his book with Kate Pickett The Spirit Level, first
published in 2009, which claims that societies with more equal
distribution of incomes have better health, fewer social problems such
as violence, drug abuse, teenage births, mental illness, obesity, and
others, and are more cohesive than ones in which the gap between the
rich and poor is greater.

Hi Anita,
Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson wrote a great book on why countries
with greater equality do better. I wrote to Wilkinson saying that he
needed a graph that shows equality/inequality as it relates to the
electoral system.
He sent me a paper by someone in Brazil who had done such a comparison
but I cant find it. If you get the book from the library you can pretty
much do it yourself as it is so obvious except for Portugal which is the
odd ball.
Why don't you try writing or phoning Ms Pickett? I cannot find the
address for Wilkinson anywhere.
If you want to contact David Orchard try here <davidorchard at sasktel.net>
or David Orchard <ccaftnat at sasktel.net>
or call him at (306) 997-4981 (Bordon Saskatchewan)
Ed Broadbent is also very knowledgeable on this topic as I recall him
speaking on it.
Cheers
Matt Foster - stop stop stop "Society Thrives On Participation" see -
http://stopstopstop.org