[fvc-wat-disc] Need venue for Discussion Night, Tuesday 24 November 2015 [was: democratic and electoral reform]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Nov 15 15:35:05 EST 2015

Hi all: Consensus from both online and offline responses make Tuesday,
24 November the popular choice. I know, I know -- we should have used
a ranked ballot for this...

Sadly, the go-to venue we've been using, Ricky's Restaurant in
Kitchener has closed its doors. It was nice, they let us use the group
meeting room with a large screen at no extra charge.

Does anyone have a preferred place where we can meet & socialize,
preferable only for the cost of food & drink? Some of us have
considered the following:

- - All Star Sports Bar on Highland (not available on Tuesday,
$5.00/person minimum, no projector or screen)

- - Duke of Wellington on Erb (front atrium may be too noisy, no
projector or screen)

- - McCabes, downtown Kitchener (back room, but too noisy. Projector?)

- - Morty's Pub, Waterloo ($300 minimum !!!)

- - Queen Street Commons Cafe (free, has projector, but noisy, must be
out by 9:00pm)

- - Lyle Hallman school behind Kitchener City Hall (main room is too
large, but maybe the board room at the other end of the 2nd floor)

- - Forest Hill Public Library ($45.00/night, no food or beverages
onsite, availability unknown)

- - KPL Central (cost unknown, availability unknown, no food or
beverages onsite)

Any others you can think of?

I'd like to have the discussion nights be as much a social event as an
educational one, so my preference is for a restaurant, but any place
that'll have us is good.  If it has no projector or screen that's OK;
someone has already volunteered to lend theirs for the night.

- --Bob.