[fvc-wat-disc] More library news

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 5 19:01:32 EDT 2016

I got some more news about library outreach today.

First, the good news: The Region of Waterloo library (which services
the townships) is potentially interested in having a couple of
electoral reform information sessions. Having only one FVC
representative is okay, but we must be clear about our biases up
front. The timing is towards the end of September, on a Tuesday,
Wednesday, or Thursday. They will get back to me with some potential
dates. The time is likely to be in the evening.

The format will be approximately the same as the KPL presentation: 45
minutes of presentation followed by 45 minutes of Q&A.

They are interested in having one presentation in Elmira (!) and one
in New Hamburg. I offered our services to other branches but I do not
think they are interested.

Do we have some people who are willing/able to do these information
sessions? Transportation is going to be an issue for some of us, I
fear. In the worst case I might be able to do something, but
transportation will definitely be an issue for me.

Next, the bad news: the Idea Exchange (aka Cambridge library system)
is not interested.

I have also contacted the WPL but have not heard back from them.

Electoral reform committee is happening! Submissions due Oct 7!
See http://fairvotewrc.ca for local events.