[fvc-wat-disc] Monsef ... Re: fvc-wat-disc Digest, Vol 89, Issue 4

Laurel L. Russwurm laurel.l at russwurm.org
Thu Aug 4 14:39:16 EDT 2016

Until now the ERRE process has been far more positive than I expected,
and I am actually hopeful that we might actually get some form of
Proportional Representation.  But it is a long way from certain.

The idea that the most populous province in the country will have only a
single consultation stop is ludicrous.  I think FVC WRC ought to be
making noise about this unfairness.

What I (and I am pretty sure others) /thought/ was on offer was to have
Waterloo Region as a Committee stop.  My recollection is all four
Liberal MPs were asked to try to get the Consultation to come to
Waterloo Region (and I think only Bryan May declined to try.)

As Dennis Pilon said
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu31U5fogzU&list=PL66aOelRZ1qsEgqfd2BbE1CLL7EeDTCZ7&index=2]
this isn't the time to settle, this is the time to push for what we want.

Seems to me the reason FVC WRC EXISTS is for THIS consultation.  FVC WRC
should be clamoring to have the committee come here.

Regards,
Laurel