[fvc-wat-disc] Sept 8: KPL presentation

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 8 15:05:18 EDT 2016

I agree that fancy screens can be a distraction. In this case I think
that having some effective graphs can be a real help for regular
people struggling to understand electoral reform. When giving my talk
last year I found that graphing results of actual elections really
helped people visualize how FPTP works (and doesn't work).

In these presentations people generally are not trying to take notes,
so the context is a little different than in high school or university
courses.

If you are going to take on one of the library presentations I would
encourage you to look at Byron's presentation here (
http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/resources/presentation-make-every-vote-count/
) and see what is useful out of it. There is a LOT of information in
the presentation but there is some really good stuff in it as well.

- Paul