[fvc-wat-disc] A Christmas Poem for PR

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 09:26:38 EST 2016

That was really, really good!  Thanks for posting it, Donald, in spite of
my determination to not follow U.S. politics--an impossibility now, I'm
afraid.

Merry Christmas to all!  Unless you'd prefer a Happy Holiday :)

Jenn

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Donald Fraser <donaldafraser at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On the topic Christmas political poems ... here is a sobering one
> regarding the elephant-in-the-room election result south of the border ...
> in the end it's a plug for PR
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Trump out-grinches the Grinch
> =======================
>
> HOW THE TRUMP STOLE AMERICA (apologies to Dr Seuss)
>
> By John Pavlovitz
>
> In a land where the states are united, they claim,
> in a sky-scraping tower adorned with his name,
> lived a terrible, horrible, devious chump,
> the bright orange miscreant known as the Trump.
>
> This Trump he was mean, such a mean little man,
> with the tiniest heart and two tinier hands,
> and a thin set of lips etched in permanent curl,
> and a sneer and a scowl and contempt for the world.
>
> He looked down from his perch and he grinned ear to ear,
> and he thought, “I could steal the election this year!
> It’d be rather simple, it’s so easily won,
> I’ll just make them believe that their best days are done!
> Yes, I’ll make them believe that it’s all gone to Hell,
> and I’ll be Jerk Messiah and their souls they will sell.
>
> And I’ll use lots of words disconnected from truth,
> but I’ll say them with style so they won’t ask for proof.
> I’ll toss out random platitudes, phrases, and such,
> They’re so raised on fake news that it won’t matter much!
> They won’t question the how to, the what, why, or when,
> I will make their America great once again!”
>
> The Trump told them to fear, they should fear he would say,
> “They’ve all come for your jobs, they’ll all take them away.
> You should fear every Muslim and Mexican too,
> every brown, black, and tan one, everyone who votes blue.”
>
> And he fooled all the Christians, he fooled them indeed,
> He just trotted out Jesus, that’s all Jesus folk need.
> And celebrity preachers they all crowned him as king,
> Tripping over themselves just to kiss the Trump’s ring.
>
> And he spoke only lies just as if they were true,
> Until they believed all of those lies were true too.
> He repeated and Tweeted and he blustered and spit,
> And he mislead and fibbed—and he just made up sh*t.
>
> And the media laughed but they printed each line,
> thinking “He’ll never will win, in the end we’ll be fine.”
> So they chased every headline, bold typed every claim,
> ‘Till the fake news and real news they looked just the same.
>
> And the scared folk who listened, they devoured each word,
> Yes, they ate it all up every word that they heard,
> petrified that their freedom was under attack,
> trusting Trump he would take their America back.
> From the gays and from ISIS, he’d take it all back,
> Take it back from the Democrats, fat cats, and blacks.
> And so hook, line, and sinker they all took the bait,
> all his lies about making America great.
>
> Now the Pant-suited One she was smart and prepared,
> she was brilliant and steady but none of them cared,
> no they cared not to see all the work that she’d done,
> [...]

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.