[fvc-wat-disc] Monsef on CBC The House

John Cooper johnco at golden.net
Sun Nov 27 23:36:07 EST 2016

The comment I make to Luisa D’Amato (sic): why would anyone trust the Liberal party or any of its elected members?

In the 1891 federal election they proposed "unrestricted reciprocity" with USA.

Macdonald won that election.

The Liberals won in 1896 after Laurier's support of Conservative MacDonald’s National Policy.

In January 1911, Laurier and President William Howard Taft of the United States announced that they signed a reciprocity agreement, which they decided to pass by concurrent legislation rather than a formal treaty…

In September 1911, the Liberals lost the election after proposing a treaty with the US to lower tariffs.

When the Mulroney Conservatives proposed Free Trade with the US in 1988, the Liberals campaigned to cancel it.    {this is a summary, not a complete explanation}

After they were elected in 1993, they did not.

‘He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it.’ Canadians are doomed by continuing to believe the Liberal Party.

John Cooper

NOT a Liberal!