[fvc-wat-disc] Rural info nights (esp Elmira)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 12 17:10:53 EDT 2016

Hi there,

Things are getting complicated in Elmiraville. We may be looking for a
replacement speaker for the Sept 21 session in Elmira. This person
will be impersonating Byron and giving the FVC slideshow. One barrier
could be transportation, but I believe Jennifer Ross is going, so
maybe we could arrange rides?

If you would be available and willing to give this talk, then let me
know on- or offlist. We may not need the replacement, but I would like
to have one in place if necessary.

In addition, I would like to call out for some publicity help. Do you
have a Twitter account, a Facebook account, or the ability to get to
Elmira/New Hamburg/Ayr and put up some advertising materials? If so we
desperately need some assistance in getting out the word.

Do you know of friends or family near these areas who might be
interested in attending a session? Could you please invite them to do
so? It sounds as if we may be in danger of these events being
cancelled because there have been too few signups. I do not know this
for certain, but things do not look good now.

Do you have connections with groups/churches/media outlets in these
areas? If so could we work on getting the word out that way?

I would be ridiculously grateful for any help anybody on the list
could offer. You do not need to be a professional media person to do
so; we just need some people with time and a willingness to do some
publicity.

We worked on getting these events set up because there has been a big
vaccuum in the rural areas around electoral reform. That vaccuum is
being filled by people clamouring for some ill-defined referendum.
These sessions are a good opportunity to make our case heard, but if
we can't do publicity then the effort will be for naught.

Electoral Reform Town Hall: Sept 14, 7pm, Stanley Park Community Centre!
Info sessions: Sept 21 (Elmira), 28 (New Hamburg), and 29 (Ayr).
Details: http://fairvotewrc.ca . Please spread the word!