[fvc-wat-disc] Column by Geoffrey Stevens

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:34:27 EDT 2017

No, I'm sorry, I do not see a poll where the majority of people support
FPTP.

I see a poll where a plurality support a government's decision.  I see 17
percent do not know what they think on electoral reform.

"I don't know" is not the same as "I like FPTP".  It isn't the same whether
they answer "I don't know" or whether they don't respond.  Mostly, it means
they are not informed on the issue, so leave the decision to others.

The great news about this poll is that 38% ARE already informed on this
issue, so we've gotten that far.

The other thing is the number of people who support PR, but also support a
government who believes now is not a good time.  This includes most Liberal
for Fair Voting people; specifically Brenden, Philip, and Sherri Iona.
Lots more of course.