[fvc-wat-disc] New Mandate Letter for the Hon. Karina Gould

John Cooper johnco at golden.net
Wed Feb 1 20:53:04 EST 2017

I’ve never voted ‘strategically’, always according to my principles, values and beliefs - for the NDP – always since 1971 first time I was eligible to vote.

Never been ‘sucked in’ by Liberal ‘promises’ or ‘have to get rid of the Conservatives’ or against a party.

The Liberals and Justin Trudeau are ‘liars’.

In previous messages, I have warned about this decision, and I don’t relish saying “I told you so”.

I do admire and appreciate the diligence of the Fair Vote organizers for attempting to convince the Liberals.

It’s sad and unfortunate.

As for ‘democracy’ in New Zealand:

the Greens have 14 MPs (10.70% of votes ) - none of whom ‘won’ their seat by ‘electoral’ vote – by party lists only

New Zealand First Party 11 MPs (8.66 % of votes) by party lists only

http://www.electionresults.govt.nz/electionresults_2014/partystatus.html