[fvc-wat-disc] New Mandate Letter for the Hon. Karina Gould

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:34:20 EST 2017

Hello All,

Today's news is more than a disappointment of course but the day
Monsef introduced
"looking for a broad consensus from Cdns. to make electoral change" to the
process was the day the writing was on the wall.  Weasel words par
excellence from which much obfuscation, side stepping and plain old lying
has arisen. This has always been about leadership and Trudeau chose
(pressure from caucus?, the LPC leadership? who knows what) to serve his
party rather than Cdns.& our democracy. For this he deserves (fill in the

We have played very nicely in the sandbox with the Liberals for many years
and we are now liberated from that restriction if we choose.

I suggest that we take a few days to calm ourselves & meet early next week
to re-group and re-tool. My house, 7 pm next Monday? Tuesday or Wednesday
are also possibilities.

This is by no means over.  Actually, we are just getting going.... :)!

Cheers,
S.