[fvc-wat-disc] Letters to the Editor Needed

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 22:59:30 EST 2017

I recognize LIES is shorter and likely doable, but if it is possible, I do
like betrayal better.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Jon Bathmaker <jon.bathmaker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think we should choose the one that makes them look the worst.  With
> that criterion BETRAYAL seems to be the winner.
>
> Best,
> Jon
>
> On 2/3/2017 10:45 PM, Anita Nickerson wrote:
>
> Which do you like better for the hat?
>
> REAL LIES or REAL BETRAYAL
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
> sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> We are going to have to do a lot of writing in the coming weeks.  Please
>> remember that you don't have to write the letters, another person can write
>> if you can submit or you can write a letter and have someone else submit
>> it.  We need writers and submitters.
>>
>> Thanks to Donald for an excellent response to Ms. Smith's article.  We
>> need one more.  Can someone volunteer to write and or submit a response to
>> Ms. Smith's article?  It would need to be submitted by Sunday evening
>>
>> We need a supportive letter for Luisa's article.  Is there someone who
>> can write/submit it.  This one should be easy. Again, it should be in by
>> Sunday pm.
>>
>> We need at least two responses to today's editorial.  One should be from
>> FVC-WR which I can draft and send round to our bd. members so we need one
>> more.  Any takers?  Again, you can write but not submit or offer to submit
>> but not write.
>>
>> A march to Raj's office from KCH would be doable.  Someone could book an
>> appointment with him (underhanded yes, but the gloves are off) and we could
>> arrive with the toque which has been modified to read: REAL LIES or REAL
>> BETRAYAL (that's still the plan, isn't it?).  I have a pair of Liberal
>> socks which I no longer need.  Gummie rats (sealed in plastic about 3oz.)
>> can be purchased on line.  I was thinking of sending one of the pair to
>> Trudeau filled with gummie rats, be happy to make up another one to give to
>> Raj.
>>
>> Here are the rats:
>> https://www.jellybelly.com/gummi-pet-rat/p/5148
>>
>> Personally not in favour of the coffin as it has been used to death (!)
>> for all kinds of causes but lots of signs, and a media alert and
>> facebooking etc. Plus it would be fun.
>>
>> Happy to start up a "I will not vote for you again" petition at all our
>> upcoming events, give a focus to our summer festival tables.
>>
>> And, my home will be open for a meeting this Monday at 7 pm for anyone
>> who wants to come to plan the next few months.
>>
>> Onward!
>> Sharon
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 7:34 PM, arthurd23 arthurd23 <arthurd23 at bell.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Lots of letters to the editor in The Star and Globe.
>>>
>>> There was also a consensus with almost all of them castigating Trudeau.
>>>
>>> One opposing view - The Record editorial. Surprise!!!
>>>
>>> Do we have some letters being sent to The Record?
>>>
>>> Dave A

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.