[fvc-wat-disc] Liberal promises website

Jon Bathmaker jon.bathmaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:26:16 EST 2017

 > equating JT with Harper which is dangerously misleading
On what do you base the above statement?

The one big takeaway I had from the U.S. election (and I followed it
closely from mid 2015 from my vantage spot in Los Angeles) is that
people pay far more attention to style than substance. Behind Barack
Obama's good looks, charm, humour and idealistic talk is a guy who
supported Wall Street over main street, presided over a net zero
decrease in CO2 omissions and bombed the hell out of a lot of brown
people among the most nefarious of his many sins.

So before one dismisses any Trudeau/Harper comparison it behooves one to
carefully look at all the Harper *shtuff* that JT is *not* going to undo
and all the shtuff that he has/is planning to do. I suspect that JT will
not look so good after a careful examination of his deeds rather than
his charming utterances.

Best,
Jon