[fvc-wat-disc] article in today's Globe and Mail Focus section

John Cooper johnco at golden.net
Sat Feb 11 20:52:00 EST 2017

I have not read the article but this premise of attributing something supposedly beneficial to another result is similar to the premise that the rise of capitalism from the feudal system led to the rise of modern democracy (sic).

I studied that BS in university.

Capitalism is not a benefit to most people. And the kind of democracy that is practiced in Canada is limited to benefit the powerful few.

The Canadian democracy of the early to mid-19th century was limited to specific economic groups – not available to each man, and certainly not including women.

The FPTP electoral system maintains that limitation.