[fvc-wat-disc] My letter to Editor is in today's Record p. A8

Laurel L. Russwurm laurel.l at russwurm.org
Sun Mar 5 19:50:25 EST 2017

Dear Edward:

All the Mainstream Media is opposed to Proportional Representation
because it profits from the Status Quo.  In spite of this, Waterloo
Region has been getting an exceptional amount of coverage of PR.

CTV actually covered the Green Party Electoral Reform Consultation, the
Waterloo Region February 11th Liberal Betrayal Rally *and* the Reminding
Liberals protest the other night.

The record has not only been publishing letters but more than one
positive article as well as OpEds.

I'm inclined to believe it is more important for PR letters to be
published in the printed paper, because people who don't get their news
online have had less much exposure to PR precisely because the MSM has
been suppressing it.

Any letters that are printed in physical newspapers but not online can
still appear online, posted on the FVC WRC website.

Regards,
Laurel

On 03/04/2017 03:37 PM, Edward Brown wrote:
> Would that they felt it warranted being included on their website.
> Instead, they have chosen to include Riley Metzger's on there with its
> ideas of making the Senate out of the second-place candidates and
> halving the number of ridings.  I'm sure we're all quite aware of the
> Constitutional provisions that prevent the latter idea and can figure
> out for ourselves the absurdity of the former.
>
> As long as they're willing to publish such drivel - and give it
> priority by being chosen for online content - I'm of the opinion that
> The Record is opposed to electoral reform and wants to discredit it by
> publicizing letters like that one from people who are ignorant of the
> political realities in Canada.
>
> Sincerely,
> Edward Brown

♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm, Author <http://laurel.russwurm.org/blogs/>*  ♦