[fvc-wat-disc] FVC releases poll that confirms Cdns. want PR

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:27:19 EDT 2017

See, this is alarming to me that you would think that.

Unsure/don't know means some people do not have enough knowledge to form an
opinion on a complex subject.  It also means some people couldn't care less
because they don't vote, and don't care "about politics."

While I think it would be good if everyone felt the duty to vote, I mean
the duty to become informed and then vote.  If you aren't going to do that
I'd rather you sat it out.  So for the second group of voters above, see ya.

But for the first group of voters--that's where WE come in!  By speaking
factually at all times, by exposing the myths they will hear from the other
side, by pointing out the principles of democracy which are ONLY served by
PR, this is fertile ground for us.  And if we can't get to them all, they
will remain unsure because this group of voters will likely listen to both
sides of an argument before making up their minds.

What it ABSOLUTELY doesn't mean is that they vote no as a percentage.
Unsure does NOT equal no.  Just like it doesn't equal yes!

And all of THAT said, please, please do share the poll results in full (the
.pdf) when sharing one of these posters.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Dave Arthur <arthurd23 at bell.net> wrote:

> When I looked at the results online, it was concerning that, when 67% of
> people answered yes, it was 67% of decided voters, not 67% of those polled.
> If 30% were unsure and not then included in the graph, it really means
> support could end up being just over 50%.
> The government could then use that to say there was not enough declared
> support.
> Dave

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.