[fvc-wat-disc] Great letter by Dave Arthur

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:30:11 EDT 2017

This is great, Donald!

I would just suggest that instead of bringing up the scary coalition (yes,
I know it isn't scary) you simply say "introducing a cooperative governance
structure"

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Donald Fraser <donaldafraser at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here it is ... ALMOST  a carbon copy of what I sent to all non-cabinet
> Liberal MPs ... see what you think before I send it.

> ============================
>

> Dear Editor,
>

> I am writing to you concerning a May 31 motion in Parliament to “concur”
> with the Report of the Electoral Reform (ER) Committee. Traditionally such
> a vote has always been a free vote.
>

> Voting to concur will allow the subject of ER to regain Parliamentary
> attention. 88% of the contributors to the ER process recommended
> Proportional Representation (PR) as Canada’s new means of choosing its
> MPs.
>

> This report should not be ignored by MPs and allowed to simply collect
> dust. I hope that all our MPs will take advantage of the chance to vote
> their conscience and recommend that the report be accepted.
>

> Just two short years ago the Liberal Party was in third place
> demonstrating that our fickle First Past the Post (FPTP) system is unstable
> and subject to emotional mood swings of the electorate. This causes many
> problems such as the Policy Pendulum, strategic voting, discouraged and
> disenfranchised voters, lack of long term planning etc.
>

> With the growing danger of Trumpism spreading to Canada as evidenced in
> the platforms of several Conservative leadership candidates, we need to
> protect our country by introducing coalition government which is an almost
> guaranteed outcome of PR.
>

> Yours Truly,
>

> Donald A Fraser
>
> 184 Forsyth Drive,
>
> Waterloo, Ontario,
>
> N2L-1A2,
>
> donaldafraser at gmail.com
>
> 519-576-9210 <(519)%20576-9210>
>
> On 25 May 2017 at 15:40, Donald Fraser <donaldafraser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 10-4 ... will get at it
>>
>> On 24 May 2017 at 15:31, Sharon Sommerville <sharonsommerville at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Donald,
>>>
>>> Thank you for taking on writing about the motion.
>>>
>>> No current article so the letter will have to make the introduction.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> S.
>>>

>>> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Donald Fraser <donaldafraser at gmail.com

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.