[fvc-wat-disc] Meeting with Bardish

Mary Jackes mkj at bell.net
Mon Nov 20 11:52:30 EST 2017

Yes, indeed.  Anything other than a polite approach to a politician is
completely counter-productive.  Perhaps simply asking for
clarification?  That could present the opportunity to say that we find a
requirement of details on the visiting group unprecedented.

Based on 13 years of association with Fair Vote and other groups here in
Waterloo, plus years in Alberta, I would say such a request is
unprecedented.  And it's for that reason that I find asking for names
and addresses odd.  Definitely "intimidation" comes in different forms
in different countries (I've worked in several where intimidation could
mean really bad things - for me up to and including a wall and a
sub-machine gun in one country and being chased by armed goons through
the night in another). But in Canadian terms.......... My reaction to
Stu's email was that "intimidating" was a reasonable word for him to
have used, in the sense of inducing anxiety.

Mary.