[fvc-wat-disc] Possibly dumb question on FPTP...

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 11:13:37 EST 2018

The official (political science-y) name for the system is 'single member
plurality', if we forgot to mention that.  But yes, if they can create a
new name every time people figure out that Alternative Vote doesn't do what
we want, I see no reason why we can't create new names for what we have.

How's One Party per Riding?  On the BC discussion list, so many are coming
to the conclusion that the geographical representative we all think we care
about so much is totally useless since they toe the party line on
everything and no matter where your geography is located the party line
remains the same.  For instance, Federal Liberal MPs in BC--NOT standing up
for BCs coast, NOT taking First Nation concerns into the discussion, etc.
So, let's take the representative out of our name.