[fvc-wat-disc] Karen Redman comments on ranked ballots

Jonathan Cassels cassels.jon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 16:51:07 EDT 2018

To be fair to Karen, I only asked about Ranked Ballots. For all I know, she
was coy about ranked ballots because she actually favours STV locally, but
didn't want to say so without knowing the opinions of the questioner.

I agree that Rob Deutschmann is the regional chair candidate who's been
most vocal in supporting election reform, though. When Yes, Cambridge!
posted a pledge on twitter yesterday (asking all Cambridge candidates to
sign on to support ranked ballots municipally), he commented:

I voted yes for ranked ballots. If elected I pledge that I will do what I
can as Regional Chair to support the upper and lower tier municipal efforts
to introduce ranked ballots for the 2022 municipal elections.

As far as I know, no one specifically solicited Rob for that comment. He
was paying attention to the local effort to bring in ranked ballots himself
(even though he's running at a different level) and pledged his support to
bring in ranked ballots at that level.