[fvc-wat-disc] Karen Redman comments on ranked ballots

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 15 00:30:06 EDT 2018

There is an attempt to do polling around this, which will be released
just before election day:

https://www.gofundme.com/waterloo-regional-chair-2018-poll

The results of this will arbitrarily declare a leading candidate, which
some people will interpret as a front-runner to rally behind, and
others will reject because democracy means voting with our hearts
regardless of the consequences. Long live vote-splitting! Long live
FPTP!

- Paul

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 09:21:37PM -0400, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Speaking of the race for chair, do we have any idea who the frontrunners
> are?

---
Your municipal election hub: https://waterlooregionvotes.org