[fvc-wat-disc] Brian Bourke 570 News

Dave Arthur arthurd23 at bell.net
Sat Oct 20 14:06:27 EDT 2018

Good op-ed in today’s Vancouver Sun by Andrew Coyne.
Electoral reform finally coming to Canada and not a moment too soon.
It focuses on the number of municipal elections using or voting on ranked ballot.
He points out that it’s not really proportional but is encouraged that it could lay the groundwork for other than FPTP in all elections.
He also refers to the BC referendum and the fact that it won 58% in 2005 and a majority in all but two ridings.
His timing for this column is intentional and I suspect that, even as an Ontario but national columnist, he is well regarded.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10