[fvc-wat-disc] FAIR VOTE OUTREACH

Dave Arthur arthurd23 at bell.net
Mon Sep 10 18:47:56 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,
Thanks David for the outreach plan.
We also need to keep up the response to the anti-PR columns that appear in the media.
I’ve attached the latest one that was in the Toronto Star yesterday.
It needs to be responded to.
The whole idea of blaming dictatorships and right-wing extremist influence on PR is very misleading.
Not only did Canada have 17 small single-issue parties get collectively less than 1% of the vote in 2015, well below the thresholds of most PR countries,
but we now have two virtual dictators in Trump and Ford winning in demonstrably poor electoral systems.
Letters?
Dave A

Sent from Mail for Windows 10