[fvc-wat-disc] Last chance to help with selfies

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:19:54 EDT 2019

Thanks Don! Great shot.

I know what you mean, but the promise to get rid of FPTP  is only part of
what was promised (the only part that gets covered)

He promised to get rid of FPTP.

He promised to Make Every Vote Count (objectively, only PR does that - most
second choices with AV are never even counted, much less count - it's not a
goal of the system).

He promised to follow the advice of experts.

All in that promise speech.

So it's kinda like he said,* "I promise something that's about 8 pounds,
very fuzzy, purrs, sheds, meows and goes in a litter box".*

Without saying CAT.

Later: *Don't know you know I would only ever accept a raccoon? I've always
been crystal clear.*

But I do know what you mean, Don. To most of the media, all he promised was
to get rid of FPTP.  That's the narrative.

Agreed that our amazing grassroots efforts were effective in stopping
Alternative Vote - we helped make that a political loser for him, at that
moment in time. Not really a win to win the status quo, but it leaves the
door open for progress in future :)

Anita