[fvc-wat-disc] OUTREACH ON PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION

Matthew Piggott piggott.matthew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:29:42 EST 2019

Hi David,

*I would suggest you contact the following groups:*
Libro Credit Union via Sean Campbell
Kindred Credit Union
Central Ontario Co-operative Housing Federation (COCHF) and working through
them try to get one local housing co-op to switch (maybe the student co-op
called WCRI up at UWaterloo?)

The student union of WLU already uses STV for their elections. What about
UWaterloo or Conestoga College?

In my work outside of Waterloo Region we are working on a PR implementation
guide for civil society organizations. If you would like to collaborate on
this, and more importantly work on implementing it locally that would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matthew Piggott

El mar., 29 ene. 2019 a las 11:39, David dirks (<daviddirks at rogers.com>)
escribió:

> Hello Fair Voters.
>
> It has been awhile since I last reached out to you.  All the v best in
> 2019!
>
> In September, we invited you to identify organizations, groups and
> individuals in our community which/who share like interests to ourselves.
> Given the results in BC and the potential in Quebec and PEI, the value of
> outreach is all the clearer.
>
> Our goals remain to:
>
> * create awareness of FVC-Wat
> * offer an opportunity to further educate about PR & the issues
> * invite endorsement of our work with an invitation to engage or join with
> us in the future
>
> Again, we simply ask that if you are aware of or are involved with a
> group, which would be interested, please let us know.  We all understand
> that in countries with PR, there is less income inequality, women are
> better represented in government, action on climate change is greater,
> there is less "policy lurch" and so on.
>
> Our target remains coalitions or groups, agencies, perhaps church social
> action committees and key leaders in our community.  Ideally, they have
> some community profile and the potential for outreach themselves.
>
> We would follow up with the identified group or individual to:
>
> * describe who we are & our goals
> * talk succinctly about the benefits to good policy of a PR system
> * speak briefly and specifically to the area of interest of the group or
> individual
> * articulate our asks (endorsement; opportunity to learn more about PR;
> invitation to join with us)
> * provide contact name (s) for follow-up.
>
> As always *WE* *NEED YOU!*  do you know any groups, agencies or
> individuals which fit our criteria?  An interest in the issue, community
> profile, community connections, key leader. If you think of one, please let
> us know.  We will need the name of the individual/group/agency;
> (e)mailing address (if possible); contact name to whom we direct any follow
> up (very important).
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Yours in electoral reform....
>
> David Dirks