[fvc-wat-disc] Cross culture debates

Peter KH petercookiesncream at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 1 12:09:51 EDT 2019

I attended the debate hosted by "Cross Cultures" last Sunday.

- Only 3 candidates attended the debate. Does someone know whether all of the candidates confirmed for the other 2 debates in Kitchener South Hespeler and Kitchener Conestoga?

- I think that an improvement to the debates is limiting the amount of time each candidate has to answer (e.g. 2 minutes) and having a time keeper who agressively cuts off candidates who go over their alotted time (in case the candidate decides to answer a question by pivoting to restating their platform). This would make time for more people to ask questions. I attended a political convention this summer which had aggressive time keeping. I think that it worked really well