[fvc-wat-disc] Cross culture debates

CROSS CULTURES crosscultures at bellnet.ca
Tue Oct 1 12:59:54 EDT 2019

Hi Peter,

thank you for attending last Sunday's debate .. I stated clearly that I
was not going to allow party plugs, the purpose of my style of
'democracy in action" is to explore the PERSONALITY and SKILLS and
EXPERIENCE of the candidates .. topics need not be hashed at my
gatherings ..

*topics and issues will be handled BY THE RIGHT PERSON representing us
....  as they arise during the four years .. not in the two hours, and
it will be our responsibility to DEMAND that they be addressed
*

I also promote mutual respect, if someone is making a valid point .. I
am NOT going to cut them off just to keep time .. you had plenty of time
to have your say ... if you had wished to ..

and to answer your other question ..  same parties have responded for
the next two gatherings with added P P C member confirming so far ... I
will also be having similar for Waterloo and Cambridge

thank you

Gehan

On 01/10/2019 12:09 p.m., Peter KH via fvc-wat-disc wrote:
> I attended the debate hosted by "Cross Cultures" last Sunday.
>
> - Only 3 candidates attended the debate. Does someone know whether all
> of the candidates confirmed for the other 2 debates in Kitchener South
> Hespeler and Kitchener Conestoga?
>
> - I think that an improvement to the debates is limiting the amount of
> time each candidate has to answer (e.g. 2 minutes) and having a time
> keeper who agressively cuts off candidates who go over their alotted
> time (in case the candidate decides to answer a question by pivoting
> to restating their platform). This would make time for more people to
> ask questions. I attended a political convention this summer which had
> aggressive time keeping. I think that it worked really well

Gehan D. Sabry
Editor / Publisher
Cross Cultures magazine (since 1991)
POB 20002 Kitchener ON N2P 2B4