[fvc-wat-disc] update

Cathy Scott cathy.scottfree at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 13:21:58 EDT 2020

Hi, All
Time has got away on me again, and our usual monthly meeting should be this
coming Wednesday the 26th.  Our July meeting was disrupted because I was
late opening the meeting.  A few of you joined the meeting and we had an
informal conversation.

Since then,

   -  the Non-Violence Day in the Park, where we were planning to have a FV
   information table, has been cancelled.
   - the meeting of the FV chapter leaders occurred on Aug. 8.  At that
   meeting Anita announced the webinar which is scheduled for Sept. 16, where
   material for campaigning at the chapter level will be presented.  This
   material focuses on the messaging that,
      -  "a just recovery needs PR"
      - federal poll results that show popular support for PR and for a
      Citizens' Assembly to guide electoral reform
      - improving diversity within FV in order to reach new supporters

Here is the link to the notes from the chapter leaders meeting.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12KCkbO2YctTSEqmWitakPKi7D1WW8ZYU5ayFC96XRsg/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have agenda items for a discussion group meeting for this month.
If anyone has topics we should discuss, please let me know.  Otherwise, *I
am proposing that we cancel our chapter meeting for this month on the 26th,
and that as many of us as possible attend the webinar on Sept. 16th.  I
think that the information we gain will give us some new inspiration and
ideas for our local campaign efforts and strategies that are supported by
the material that is provided.*

Cathy