[fvc-wat-disc] Moral framing webinar

Jay Judkowitz judkowitz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 11:10:20 EST 2020

Actually, you, Cathy, and Owen all abandoned me :-)

We wound up not doing the discussion because of a misunderstanding.  There
was a "report" on the agenda, but report is what I did in November.  So,
the followup discussion that the group asked for in November will happen at
the February meeting.  Good news, you didn't miss it!

As for the term, "moral framing", I'm not inclined to make up my own term.
This is a serious area of academic research and it is the actual
description of the parts of the brain involved.  That does not mean that we
should talk externally about morals.  One can frame things in a way to
trigger people's moral thinking without having the messaging being so blunt
as to announce, "this is a moral statement".   We need to be able to
separate the name of the exercise from the messaging the exercise results
in.  Making up our own name for the exercise that is different from what
Fairvote Canada and PR4PR call it will only confuse things with no benefit.

Hope that helps.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 6:18 PM Corliss Olson <cpolson11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Do I take it that the term, "moral
> framing is still being used"?
>
> Corliss
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 7:48 PM Jay Judkowitz <judkowitz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone asked for the link again.  Here it is.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/kQU2IOGNQNk

Jay Judkowitz
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jayjudkowitz/
Twitter: @Jay_Judkowitz