[fvc-wat-disc] Fw: Please share and ask people to attend this webinar with Daniel Blaikie, Mike Morrice and Wayne Long

David dirks daviddirks at rogers.com
Sun Dec 12 15:23:07 EST 2021

 Apologies if for any cross or duplicate mailing......
David

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Anita Nickerson <anita.nickerson at fairvote.ca>To: Chapters Google Group <fair-vote-canada-chapters at googlegroups.com>Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 06:41:06 PM ESTSubject: Please share and ask people to attend this webinar with Daniel Blaikie, Mike Morrice and Wayne Long
 Hello, everyone! We have an important webinar coming up and I'd like everyone to encourage everyone to 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 with your friends and your networks (and please attend!)A good turnout sends a message that a lot of people care about progress on PR. MPs who are willing to work for PR in Parliament need all the public backing they can get. And we want to show the PR movement is bigger than ever. Let's see how many people we can encourage to show up for this important discussion to kick off our efforts with this new Parliament. 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐖𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫: 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗, 𝟐 𝐏𝐌 𝐄𝐓Join a discussion with MPs from three different parties who have committed to work for real progress on electoral reform. Everyone is welcome!
REGISTER HERE:https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uvhYFJJjTcmp2PoaVdnFig?fbclid=IwAR1QPy_QI5OSmRr8lFWhSNX9zG1cdFVTgcfKaJ-Dt1am2XhtvvpQL39i4OISpecial Guests:𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐞, 𝐍𝐃𝐏 𝐌𝐏 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐦𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝—𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐃𝐏 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜Daniel Blaikie was first elected as the MP for Elmwood Transcona in 2015. He is a long time advocate for proportional representation. In June, 2021, the Procedure and House Affairs Committee (PROC) passed Daniel's motion to study a National Citizens' Assembly on Electoral Reform. Fair Vote Canada campaigned hard for this motion to succeed! If an election had not been called, the study would have commenced. Daniel is committed to working to get this motion passed again, by a newly formed PROC committee. 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐋𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐌𝐏 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧—𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐲Wayne Long was first elected as the MP for Saint John—Rothesay in 2015. Wayne was on the PROC committee in the last Parliament and voted yes to the motion to study a National Citizens' Assembly on Electoral Reform. He also made this commitment to constituents in the last election campaign: Now, as a part of my 2021 Riding-First Platform, I am proud to commit to building upon this work in the last two Parliaments by:- Re-introducing a motion to advance a National Citizens’ Assembly on Electoral Reform at committee (this will ensure that the work on this issue continues in the next Parliament);- Introducing a Democratic Reform Act designed to rein in party discipline, empower individual Members of Parliament, and bring increased transparency and accountability to federal party caucuses and leadership structures; and- Establishing an All-Party Electoral Reform Caucus to advocate for the introduction of a form of proportional representation at the federal level.𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐏 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞Mike Morrice was first elected as the MP for Kitchener Centre in 2021. Mike had proportional representation in his platform during the 2019 election and a priority item in the 2021 election.Since being elected, Mike has advocated for proportional representation on Unpublished Ottawa, and in his reflections on Facebook connecting electoral reform and environmental progress from COP 26. Mike speaks frequently about the need to collaborate across party lines. We are excited to have these three MPs join us to discuss how we can build momentum for real progress in this minority Parliament!