[fvc-wat-disc] prep for the FVWR meeting on Wed.

Peter KH petercookiesncream at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:11:55 EST 2021

Thank you Cathy for writing a draft!

Here are my suggestions:
- I personally write e-mails with the assumption that the receiver will only read past the first few lines if they are interested. I would suggest moving the suggestion ("We are wondering...") from the last paragraph to the first one. Repeating the suggestion in the last paragraph is ok.
- I agree with David that more of the body of the letter should discuss opportunities for working together. Our ideal end goal would be a Citizen's Assembly. There are steps along the way that we have common with other groups such as "increasing civic engagement"
- We should definitely ask in the e-mail whether other groups would find it useful if FairVote members attended their meetings. We should not expect other groups to put in more effort than our group is willing to put in.

Thanks again for writing the draft e-mail Cathy!
- Peter KH