[fvc-wat-disc] Living Room Covid Friendly Pop Up Events

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 08:35:59 EDT 2021

Good Morning Everyone,

On Monday, we were contacted by Heather Majaury who co-ordinates the Social
Development Centre. The SDC has an exciting idea for bringing people
together after so many long months of Covid separation which they have
invited us to join in.  Basically, the SDC is organizing living room
community pop up events that are Covid safe & a catalyst to having
conversations with one another.    Heather is very interested using the
events to engage the community in conversations about electoral reform and
Citizen's Assemblies.

I tried to send Heather's email with attachments but the email was too
large and went to the moderator.  If you would like to see the attachments,
please contact me and I will forward them to you.   Basically, the SDC will
set up a living room anywhere ( park, drive way, unused parking lot) and
bring activity trunks to get the conversation rolling.  They want to
partner with groups like ours who want to have conversations with our
community.

I think that this is a great opportunity for us to partner with the SDC and
get back into the community to begin having conversations about
electoral reform again.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Sharon