[fvc-wat-announce] Fair Vote Waterloo Annual General Meeting, Monday 27 June 2016

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Jun 13 16:31:18 EDT 2016

Hi everyone: It's time for the Fair Vote Waterloo Annual General
Meeting.  We'll hold it on our regular Discussion Night, as that works
for most people who responded to the poll at
https://framadate.org/L58Bx2EeDcqKqkNI

*What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Annual General Meeting
*When*: Monday, 27 June 2016 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
*Where*: The Board Room of Angel's Diner, http://www.angelsdiner.ca/
*Location*: 751 Victoria Street South, Kitchener, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnat8OA--?m=
*Facebook*: https://www.facebook.com/events/1585409431757900/

Agenda
======

1) Review minutes from 2015 AGM
2) Statement from the Chair (year's review)
3) Old business
4) Receive a current financial statement from the Treasurer
5) Amendments
6) Elect the Executive
7) New business

All positions on the Executive are open for re-election: Two
Co-chairs, Treasurer, Secretary, and up to three Members-at-Large.

If you're unable to attend the AGM in person you can designate someone
as a proxy to make nominations and vote for you. If you'd like to run
for a position on the Executive you can nominate yourself, by proxy if
need be.

You must be a paid-up member of Fair Vote Canada to vote or be on the
Executive, but we'll accept membership fees at the meeting ($25 for
returning members, $10 for a first-time member)

Again this year I'd like make a motion to amend our constitution that
some Executive positions be extended to two-year terms:

"To provide continuity on the Executive, the positions for Co-Chair,
Secretary and Treasurer should be two-year terms, with one Co-Chair and
Secretary alternating with the other Co-Chair and Treasurer.
Members-At-Large would continue to serve one-year terms."

Note that voting procedures for electing the Executive may need to be
modified to accommodate a pool of two-year candidates and a pool of
one-year candidates. Approved amendments take force immediately, so we
can actually run this year's election for two two-year positions
(Co-chair and Treasurer?) and five one-year positions (the other
Co-chair, Secretary and up to three Members-at-large). The next year the
other Co-chair and Secretary will be elected for a two-year position.

See you at the meeting!

- -- Bob Jonkman,
Co-chair, Fair Vote Waterloo