[fvc-wat-announce] Electoral Reform in Elmira, International Festival in Cambridge, Discussion Night in St. Agatha

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Sep 20 21:21:29 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone! We're two-thirds through September, and the Electoral
Reform events are not slowing down. I'd like to invite you to join
your fellow Fair Voters at four events in the next week.

Thanks to the efforts of Paul Nijjar, Fair Vote Waterloo has been
invited to provide a public information session at some of the Region
of Waterloo Libraries. The first is this week in my home town:

*What*: Presentation of "Make Every Vote Count"
*When*: Wednesday, 21 September 2016 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
*Where*: Elmira Branch, Region of Waterloo Library
*Location*: 65 Arthur Street South, Elmira, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXyKKcth-?m=

Also thanks to Paul, Fair Vote Waterloo will have an information table
at the Cambridge International Festival. Got some time on Saturday?
Come join us, eat some great food, and  spend an hour or two telling
people about Proportional Representation (contact Sharon Sommerville
at sharonsommerville at gmail.com to volunteer).

*What*: Cambridge International Festival
*When*: Saturday, 24 September 2016 from 11:00am to 6:00pm
*Where*: Cambridge Riverside Park
*Location*: 49 King Street West, Cambridge, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnnw8rV-?m=

It's time for another Discussion Night! Last month we ventured South,
this month we'll venture West. To accommodate those people in the
western townships, we'll have this month's discussion night at
Kennedy's Restaurant in St. Agatha. Note that Kennedy's is only open
until 8:00pm on Mondays, so we'll start at 6:00pm

*What*: Monthly Discussion Night
*When*: Monday, 26 September 2016 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
*Where*: Kennedy's Restaurant
*Location*: 1750 Erb's Road, St. Agatha, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnYlqTA-?m=

Don't forget about the continuing Community Dialogue meetings, at
which we work on group submissions to the Special Committee on
Electoral Reform. If the http://canada.ca/democracy is a bit
overwhelming then come to a Community Dialogue for guidance in making
a submission.

*What*: Community Dialogues
*When*: Every Tuesday, 6:30pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Queen Street Commons Cafe
*Location*: 43 Queen Street South, Kitchener, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnwTzYg-?m=

Tune in again next week, when we have three more presentations at
local libraries!  For a complete list of all Fair Vote Waterloo events
see http://fairvotewrc.ca/events

Hope to see you this week!

- --Bob Jonkman,
Co-Chair, Fair Vote Waterloo