[fvc-wat-announce] [fvc-wat-disc] (no subject)

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Oct 26 12:47:06 EDT 2018

A recent article in a local paper has an inflammatory quote, indicating
the person quoted is a member of Fair Vote Canada.

The only people authorized to speak for the Fair Vote Canada Waterloo
Region Chapter are those elected to the Executive Board, and then only
after consultation with the Excutive. We do have a Letter Writing
Committee, on which non-Executive members of Fair Vote Waterloo are
authorized to write letters to the editor as spokespersons for Fair Vote
Waterloo.

Members of Fair Vote Waterloo are not authorized to speak for Fair Vote
Canada, unless they have direct authorization from Fair Vote Canada.

To be clear, the article does not say the person quoted is speaking for
Fair Vote Canada, only that they are a member. But that association does
not reflect Fair Vote Canada or Fair Vote Waterloo's position.

I urge Fair Vote members to be cautious of how they represent themselves
when speaking to the media.

--Bob Jonkman
Co-chair, Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter

Fair Vote Waterloo contact info:
E-mail: info at fairvotewrc.ca
Phone: +1–519–279–2990