[fvc-wat-disc] Next crisis: "KW YMCA"

pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 9 17:30:18 EST 2007

So the ECHO (and maybe other media) have been advertising the public
consultation tomorrow as happening at the "KW YMCA", with no address
information. This is highly misleading, so I have been attempting to contact
all the organizations I can find with YMCA in their names to warn them.

I think many people might be confused and go to a YMCA gym. As far as I know
there is one YMCA gym in Kitchener-Waterloo:

  0. A R Kaufman Family YMCA, 333 Carwood Ave Kit, 519-743-8322

Are there any other YMCA gyms/recreation places people know of?

I tried phoning these folks to warn them, but I just got voice mail jail.
I left a message but I am pretty sure nobody will listen to it.

I have also contacted some child-care centres:
   0. YMCA Child Care, 560 Pioneer Drive, Kitchener, 519-895-0060
   1. YMCA of Kitchener Waterloo, 64 University Ave W Waterloo, 519-747-0007
   2. YMCA Ontario Early Years, 719 Erbsville Road Waterloo, 519-885-0552
      (left message)

There are a lot more that I have not touched -- just go to the online yellow
pages and type in YMCA for Kitchener-Waterloo.

Here is what I have been telling people:
  - There is an event happening tomorrow at the YMCA Ontario Early Years Centre
Training Room at Bridge and University. The event is the Ontario Citizens'
Assembly public consultation.,
  - This event has been advertised as being held at the "KW YMCA"
  - Could you please tell people that come in confused about the real location?
  - Could you please download and print a poster we made, and put it on your
door? That way confused people will know the proper location. The poster is at
  http://fairvotecanada.org/files/wat-ymca-oops.pdf

Is anybody willing to spend some time tomorrow morning/afternoon to contact
other YMCAs and let them know this information?