[fvc-wat-disc] Bad news in New Brunswick

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jul 30 19:22:42 EDT 2007

 	I am surprised that the Central Office of FVC did not make a media
release about this, but it looks like our friends in New Brunswick have
called off their referendum for MMP (which had been tentatively scheduled
for 2008). See the final few paragraphs of this:

http://www.gnb.ca/cnb/news/ex/2007e0859ex.htm

 	Given both this and the endless stalling in Quebec, we should be
grateful that we have the opportunity to vote on the Ontario proposal at
all, 60% threshold or no.

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday August 14, 7pm