[fvc-wat-disc] Continued interest in Electoral Reform

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Oct 17 01:11:36 EDT 2007

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma
Gandhi

After the inglorious defeat of MMP in the referendum, they're laughing at us.  That's good
news, it means we're making progress towards "then you win".

Via the Idealistic Pragmatist blog I found this extremely good news:

"About half of Canadians support holding a national referendum on changing Canada's electoral
system in the next general election, and 45 per cent say that in such a referendum they would
vote in favour of proportional representation"

http://idealisticpragmatist.blogspot.com/2007/10/half-of-canadians-support-national.html

Networking   --   Office & Business Automation   --   Consulting
PGP:0xAE33E989 Fingrprnt:9FAF A6AC B567 BC10 8973 7CF0 CB27 0317