[fvc-wat-disc] Food for thought from provincial

Derek Kraan derek.kraan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:17:15 EDT 2007

3% is actually a lot, if you think about it. Since there would be 90
ridings, and generally people win in a riding with around 50% of the votes
in their ridings, 3% would be roughly equivalent to the number of votes
necessary to win 5 or 6 seats.

Put another way, a single person (from any party) needs only half a percent
of the overall votes to win in a riding. It's arbitrary in a sense to demand
that these people come from the same geographic location.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea to see what we can do to help fund this
research project.

Cheers,

Derek Kraan