[fvc-wat-disc] New email group available now ...

Adam Glauser adamglauser at wlualumni.ca
Sun Oct 14 16:01:55 EDT 2007

On Sunday 14 October 2007 15:34:58 Alan Angold wrote:
> I've set up a GoogleGroup for everybody.

Thanks for putting in the effort to do that Alan.  I appreciate that you want
to help so please don't take this as critism.  What is the benefit of a
Google Group over the current mailing list software?

I think we need to make a decision as a group as to how we will stay connected
in future.  I believe a Yahoo group was also suggested.  Let's look at what
we like and don't like about our current setup (mailing list + wiki).  Then
we can decide if we more or different means of communication and
organization.

I'm a bit concerned (due to experience with other online groups) that if we
start having multiple places for communicating, we will all just get confused
and miss out on important information.

Personally, I'm happy with the software we're using right now, but I'm willing
to discuss alternatives.