[fvc-wat-disc] Volunteer opportunities coming up

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 27 15:26:58 EDT 2007

There are a few speaking/volunteer opportunities coming up soon:

0. A teacher at Eastwood Collegiate may be interested in getting us
to speak at his Grade 10 civics classes. He would want us to do two
identical presentations for both of his classes.

1. We got ourselves into the SUNDANCe pow-wow at the University of
Waterloo this Saturday. It is not as prestigious as apple butter, but
we should get a reasonable turnout. I know that everybody is keen on
canvassing oversized suburban houses, but if anybody is willing to
make the sacrifice to staff our booth then I could use a booth buddy.

2. Next week (it looks like maybe Monday and Thursday or Friday)
there will be more booth-staffery, this time at St. John's Kitchen. I
am planning to do this one, but if anybody else wants to join in this
symbolic and probably futile project I could use some assistance.

3. I have not been following the booth staffing at the Farmer's
Market closely enough, but it looks like there is only one person on
the two days, and one of them (Dave Arthur) has not done this before.
Did we already fill up the slots with other volunteers? If not then
it would be good if people stepped in:

http://pnijjar.freeshell.org/fvc/index.php/Main/FarmersMarketPlanning

Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm
(Please use this Yahoo! account for future correspondence.)

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca