[fvc-wat-disc] MMP on the radio

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 16 18:51:26 EDT 2007

--- Alida and George <burrettga at golden.net> wrote:

> Perhaps Hampton does not have the benefit of all the studies -
> wherever and
> whenever they might have been done - that show MMP has not in the
> past and
> does not now improve voter turnout, in situations like the 2007
> Ontario
> campaign?( However that may be compared)
> "Hampton is trying to win the campaign" suggests he is consciously
> playing
> with the truth...if not lying.
> Are we certain?

I agree -- Hampton may just have been misinformed. But it is pretty
widespread knowledge in the Fair Vote Canada community, and our
opponents have been bringing the topic up time and time again as
well. It's not exactly a big secret. So I remain suspicious, and I
will be very suspicious if Hampton continues making these incorrect
statements, because he is going to get called on it time and time
again.

Paul Nijjar  http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next Referendum Info Session: Sept 18, 7pm
(Please use this Yahoo! account for future correspondence.)