[fvc-wat-disc] NDP open to referendum...

Laurel L. Russwurm laurel.l at russwurm.org
Wed Nov 16 20:12:58 EST 2016

Bad idea; caving on the referendum idea is very bad.  It may well be
political.  When the Trudeau government tanks electoral reform, the new
improved NDP can arise and be the heroes for actually implementing what
Canadians want.

Regards,
Laurel

On 11/16/2016 07:58 PM, Sharon Sommerville wrote:
> Thank you Eleanor,  looks like the horse trading may result in a
> referendum. It is a big gamble on the part of the NDP. It remains to
> be seen how we can have a referendum with the needed time for
> education and make a Sept. vote in House to ensure that Elections
> Canada has enough time to implement a new system in time for 2019.
>
> Sharon
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Dave Arthur <arthurd23 at bell.net
> <mailto:arthurd23 at bell.net>> wrote:
>
>     I still fear a referendum of a public that is uninformed could
>     spell the end of reform for many years.
>     If the government carries out an information campaign, including
>     with their postcard mailout, that presents the input given to the
>     committee throughout the last months, maybe it would succeed as
>     did PEI.
>     Dave A

♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm, Author <http://laurel.russwurm.org/blogs/>*  ♦
*Libreleft Books* <http://libreleft.com> ♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm's Free